Believe it or not, winter is just a few months away. Although many look forward to winter, others may have a lot of preparation to do before the snow and wicked winds arrive. If you’re in Decorah, IA, and enjoying cruising the streets and open roads in a convertible with the wind blowing through your hair, it may be time to consider a more practical vehicle for the upcoming winter months in the Upper Midwest. FindCars.com can help you find the perfect vehicle to get you through the winter months so you can be that winter warrior.
Whether you live in the country or in the downtown area, winter snow affects everyone. Consider the following when choosing a practical and safe vehicle for winter:
Four-wheel drive, front wheel drive, or all-wheel drive. Do you have hills or a distance to travel each day to work? A practical vehicle with four-wheel, all-wheel, or front wheel drive may benefit you when the roads are slippery or there’s copious amounts of snow.
- Good tires with good traction. It’s usually best to equip your vehicle with snow tires that have plenty of tread and traction. Winter in the Upper Midwest is not the best time to purchase cheap tires or use those that are worn and nearly bald.
- Reliable and safe. When those wicked winds blow and it’s necessary to travel during severe weather conditions such as a blizzard, you need a vehicle that’s reliable, dependable, and safe. Have your mechanic winterize your vehicle so you’re prepared when those wintery days hit.
- Let’s face it, a low-riding convertible probably isn’t the best choice to use for travel in the winter months. Find a vehicle with practicality that won’t leave you stranded, can make it through several inches of snow, and keep you warm while traveling. Perhaps an SUV, truck, crossover SUV, or something built to help your make your wintery drive without a hitch.
If you’re in Decorah, IA, and considering a vehicle to help you become a winter warrior in the Upper Midwest, remember that the beautiful fall days where the wind can blow through your hair while cruising in your sporty convertible are numbered. Consider a more practical vehicle for the winter months by searching FindCars.com. At FindCars.com there are thousands of new and used vehicles listed through private sellers and local dealerships to search so you can easily find the perfect one to fit your needs before winter arrives.
Winter comes on us quickly, but searching FindCars.com can help you be that winter warrior in a vehicle equipped to provide you with a practical, reliable, economical, and safe ride. After all, spring will roll back around—it just takes time!
Do you have a child going off to college, or are you going back to college and find the funds are a little tight? It’s expensive to send your kids off to get that degree or try to finish yours while raising a family, working, and paying bills. If you’re in this situation and need a means of transportation to get to and from classes and/or work in the Mason City, IA, area, search FindCars.com for the perfect solution to your problem. The ABC’s of finding a car for the college student can really be an easy task.
With a few simple tips, finding a reliable used car isn’t that difficult. Consider the following:
- Look for a good used car. If you’re just beginning the college days or entering the working world with that new degree, consider a used car. Typically, a car that is 2-3 years old has a reasonable number of miles and is in pretty good shape.
- Research financing options. While you may not want a car payment while in college, it may be inevitable. Consider different financing options that’ll work best for you or your student. Don’t purchase a vehicle that’ll burden your monthly income (or lack of) and make payments difficult. If that’s the case, look for a less expensive vehicle.
- Research vehicle options. Is it best to purchase a 4-wheel drive vehicle if you live where the snow flies, or will a simple car do the trick? Are you purchasing a car for looks, or for practicality? More concerned about safety than style? Is fuel a crucial factor? These questions indicate that it’s important to research several diverse types and styles to get the best deal possible while getting the vehicle that best fits your needs.
- Pay cash if possible. If you’re fortunate enough to have enough money saved without needing to finance, good for you! Financing a car means more money because of interest and other hidden costs.
Once you’ve considered the above tips, get yourself motivated to find the car that’ll be just perfect for you or your college student. FindCars.com has thousands of new and used vehicles listed through private sellers and local dealerships in Minnesota, Iowa, and Wisconsin. If you’re in the Mason City, IA, area and think the time has come for a new or used vehicle, search FindCars.com. The ABC’s of finding a car for the college student can really be an easy task.
If you’re driving along and enjoying the ride and suddenly notice a delay in the movement of your vehicle, odd sounds, or warning lights, it very well could be that your transmission is having problems. As you may know, the transmission of your vehicle is quite sophisticated and plays an integral part in the power of your vehicle.
Regular service and maintenance of your vehicle are both a necessity in keeping it running smoothly and efficiently. No one wants to experience a breakdown on a busy highway, country road, or fast-paced interstate. That’s why it’s important to know what to look for in your current vehicle as well as in a new or used vehicle you may be purchasing to be certain the transmission is in good working order.
- Fluid leaks: One of the easiest ways to determine if your transmission needs a little attention is if you notice leaking of fluid. This can turn into a very expensive problem and leave you stranded amid rush hour, on a busy interstate, or in a rural area.
- Odd smells: If you happen to smell a burning odor, it may be that your transmission fluid needs a change. Act quickly if you notice a burning smell and have your vehicle checked by an expert.
- Weird sounds: Sounds such as grinding with a manual transmission or a buzzing or humming sound with an automatic transmission are all signs that your transmission may be malfunctioning. Don’t hesitate to have a professional check things out.
- Delay in response or movement: If you notice that your vehicle has a delay or hesitation when shifting gears, it’s a sign that things are not operating properly. Typically, your vehicle should shift easily and move without hesitation if the transmission is working properly.
If you’re in the Minneapolis, MN, area and the time has come for you to consider a different vehicle because of transmission issues, search FindCars.com where there are thousands of new and used vehicles listed through private sellers and local dealerships. You’re sure to find a vehicle to fit your needs. If you fit the above criteria of the top signs of transmission problems, check out FindCars.com to search for a local for sale new or used vehicle!
If your vehicle is nearing the end of its life or you have decided it’s time for an upgrade, the big question is whether you should purchase new or buy a used vehicle. If you’re in the St. Paul, MN, area and are pondering these questions, use FindCars.com to search for a wide variety of vehicles both new and used.
Typically, when purchasing a vehicle, there’s no one-size-fits-all option. Do you have a family? Want a bigger or smaller car? Are you upgrading or downsizing? Which gets the best gas mileage or is the safest? What kind of payments do you want?
Think of these questions when making that big decision to purchase new or buy used:
- Do you have good credit, a down payment, or a means to finance the vehicle? Don’t stretch yourself too thin and get too much payment for the amount of vehicle. You’ll regret it in the end.
- Are you ready to take the depreciation hit when you drive a new vehicle off the lot or would you rather have someone else do the honors? One of the biggest expenses of a new vehicle is the cost of depreciation once you drive it off the lot, so think about this option when purchasing new.
- Can you afford to maintain a used car? It’s no secret that an older or used car has already seen some wear and tear and probably has some miles on it. It’s important to evaluate the cost of potential repairs vs. a monthly car payment.
If you’re in St. Paul, MN, and the time has come for you to look into a different vehicle, ask yourself these types of questions and decide which option is best for you. At FindCars.com, there are thousands of new and used vehicles listed by private sellers and local dealerships to search and find the perfect one to fit your needs. It’s not always easy to decide on whether a new or used vehicle is best for you, but searching FindCars.com sure can help.
It’s hard to believe that summer is half over! That means students will soon be starting college and off to spread their wings and fly. Most teens would agree that it would be much easier to “fly” if they had some wheels of their own during their college days. In the Minneapolis, Minnesota area, search FindCars.com to find a great vehicle for your college student to help them pursue their dreams.
Owning a car as a college student (or as a parent of a college student) has many benefits:
- Gives your child freedom and responsibility to transport themselves to school, work, or other events
- As a parent it frees up your time so you don’t have to taxi them to and from events or home on weekends
- Teaches your college student how to manage finances and learn about upkeep and maintenance of their own vehicle
The benefits of owning a car isn’t the only thing you or your student should consider. You must also look at other important factors when purchasing a car, such as:
- It wouldn’t be wise to send your student off to college with a vehicle that breaks down and drains any savings they may have. Look for a vehicle that’s reliable and won’t leave anyone sitting on the roadside with no way to get to class or work
- Don’t invest in a super-small vehicle. Instead, invest in something that has a little extra body and durability in the event of an accident or fender-bender
- A good used car will be beneficial in keeping car payments to a minimum and insurance premiums at a more affordable rate
If the time has come for you to begin the search for a vehicle for your college student in the Minneapolis, MN area, search FindCars.com. FindCars.com has thousands of new and used vehicles listed through private sellers and local dealerships throughout Minnesota, Iowa, and Wisconsin. Look for safety, reliability, and durability, and find the vehicle that’s perfect for your situation. Give your teen their own set of wheels in the Minneapolis, MN area so they can spread their wings and fly off to college.
Dreaming of spending the day on the greens with family, friends, or maybe just yourself, but don’t really want to walk the course? Consider purchasing a new or used golf cart to call your own and enjoy the great outdoors even more. If St. Paul, Minnesota is where you call home, use FindCars.com to locate a golf cart that perfectly fits your wants and needs.
If you’re into adventure and enjoying life, or maybe you own a business, remember that golf carts offer more than the purpose of being used for golfing. Other uses for golf carts include:
- Campgrounds – How can you go wrong with a golf cart at a campground to haul kids and gear quickly from place to place
- Retirement communities – If you happen to work at a retirement community, you know that a golf cart comes in pretty handy to escort the retired from one end of the campus to the other quickly and efficiently
- School campuses and universities – Many school and university campuses are quite large, and it takes time and energy to walk from one end to the other. A golf cart would serve you and others well to get from point A to point B in a swift and timely manner
- Acreage or hobby farm – Golf carts can play a major role on an acreage or hobby farm by hauling lawn equipment or other items, and they’re usually more affordable than an all-terrain vehicle
Enjoy the perks of a golf cart in other settings as they’re multi-functional, economical, and fun. If you’re in the St. Paul, MN area and think a golf cart might be a lot of fun and useful to you, search FindCars.com. Save yourself a ton of money with a new or used golf cart and remember, they’re used for more than just cruising the golf course!
The temps are rising, the water is in front of you, the wind blows through your hair, and the sun is on your face. Sounds relaxing, doesn’t it? But what if that boat you’re riding isn’t yours, but rather a friend’s. If you’re wishing to sail the open waters in the Eau Claire, Wisconsin area and are thinking that purchasing a boat of your own is in your future, search FindCars.com.
Owning a boat is great; whether it is a cruiser, pontoon, fishing boat, or a speed boat, keep a few things in mind:
- Cost. Sit down and figure out your budget and decide if a new boat or a pre-owned one would be best for you and your family.
- What are your plans for a boat? Do you desire a speedboat, fishing boat, or a pontoon? Take a close look at what you truly plan to do on those beautiful days on the lake.
- Capacity. Are you planning to fish with a buddy or have a larger group where you can sit comfortably?
- Towing. Will your car or truck be able to tow the boat to get it from here to there or will you need to rent a vehicle each you wish to use the boat?
- Storage. Do you have a place to store your boat inside or will it be sitting outside in the elements?
- Engine type and horsepower. Are you looking for a speedboat or something to simply drift along?
These are all facts to consider before purchasing a boat, and it all depends on your situation. At FindCars.com, there are several different styles, sizes, brands, and horsepower amounts for sale. Simply type the specific details in your search and see what is available. We know that in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, everyone wants to be able to sail the open waters of Eau Claire Lake and that’s why there are several boats available to fit your needs. Check out FindCars.com to find a perfect boat match for you and your family and enjoy!
It’s summer and there’s no better time to cruise the streets in a shiny Mustang, BMW, or other convertible. No matter your age, from 16 to 96, a convertible is sure to turn some heads. If you’re in the La Crosse, WI, area and a convertible is on your bucket list, stress no more. Search FindCars.com and make your wishes and dreams come true!
There are a lot of decisions to make when choosing a new vehicle, particularly a convertible, including the color, year, interior, “muscle,” or how economical it is. In many cases, buying a convertible isn’t always about practicality, but rather enjoying the experience. When choosing a convertible, consider the following factors:
- How do you plan to use the convertible? Is your intent to use it as a true sports car and only take out on special events, or do you intend to drive it every day?
- Price. Are you searching for a convertible in the lower price range, or have you been pinching your pennies for years and finally have a nest egg to make the purchase?
- Prestige and character. If you’re purchasing a convertible simply for prestige, character, and image, you may want to “go all out.” Then, by all means, purchase one with an easy latch ragtop design and all the bells and whistles.
- Mileage. Is fuel economy one of your concerns, or are you living life to the fullest and don’t mind a fill-up every few days?
- Engine. How much power and muscle do you need? Are you looking for a V6 or a V8, and how efficient do you want your vehicle to run?
If a shiny new or used Mustang or other brand of convertible is on your bucket list for a prestigious summer look and fun in the La Crosse, WI area, search FindCars.com. From local dealers to private sellers, FindCars.com is sure to have the perfect convertible for you so you can cross one more thing off your bucket list.
Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue. We’ve all heard this familiar verse before, and, although it’s a charming tradition for a new bride, it also can relate to everyday life. Many have to admit they’ve had the desire to have something new—a new house, new work clothes, new tools, or a new life. However, some also have the desire to have something old—like a collectible or classic vehicle. If you’re located in the Mankato, MN, area, search FindCars.com for a wide array of collectible cars, trucks, and boats.
Ever found yourself envious of the neighbor who spent hours fixing up an old 1957 Chevy and lavishing it with the care and attention it needs? Classic cars have a unique style and character, and you’re sure to reap the attention and conversation of bystanders
Although there are cons to owning a classic vehicle, there certainly are pros, such as:
Classic cars may be old, but they can offer comfort. Not only in the way they drive, but also the seating and interior room.
- Hold their value. Most classic cars don’t depreciate the way new cars do. Instead, they hold their value.
- Great hobby. If you’ve always enjoyed working on the mechanics and logistics of engines and body work, owning a classic car can be a great hobby, especially if you’ve recently retired and find you have more time available in your golden years.
- Style and character. Have you ever turned your head when a shiny, lavish looking vehicle passes you on the interstate or in a parade? Classic cars have style and character and will bring attention to anyone near.
If you’re in the Mankato, MN, area and thinking about purchasing a classic car, or truly have been blessed with more time to devote to the upkeep and maintenance of a classic car, search FindCars.com. From local dealers to private sellers, FindCars.com is sure to have the perfect classic vehicle for you. “Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.” Remember this phrase, and consider a classic or collectible vehicle the “something old” to bring back to life again!
The countdown is on. Within a matter of weeks, kids will be out of school and may be looking for employment, already have employment, or preparing to go off to college in a few months. Have you thought about transportation for your high school or college student in the Decorah, Iowa area? Search FindCars.com to find a reliable vehicle to get your teen out into the working world or off to the college that suits their dreams.
Although some may think or say that having a car as a teenager is dangerous or unnecessary, there are several benefits to putting your child behind the wheel:
- Owning a car gives your teen or student increased responsibility and freedom and the ability to earn your trust
- A vehicle gives your child the freedom and responsibility to drive to and from work or to summer sporting activities. This is a plus for parents as it eases the burden of coordinating transportation in an already busy schedule
- Owning a vehicle teaches teens how to manage their finances to ensure they have the money to pay for gas, insurance, license tabs, and other upkeep and maintenance
Although there are many questions on which car might be the best for your teen, consider the following important factors when making the big purchase:
- Look for a vehicle that’s safe. A vehicle with a little extra body and built to withstand fender-benders and accidents is crucial when choosing something safe for your teen
- Reliability is a must. Let’s face it. You don’t want to have to worry that your teen is left stranded on the side of the road or busy freeway in a different city or state. Do your research and find a vehicle that fits the reliability test
- Good gas mileage. Most teens don’t have an overflowing savings account and are probably working hard to make ends meet. Find a vehicle that gets good gas mileage so they don’t need to gas it up every other day
If you’re searching for a good used vehicle for your high school or college student in the Decorah, IA area, take a look at the extensive listings on FindCars.com! With thousands of new and used vehicles listed by private sellers and local dealerships in Minnesota, Iowa, and Wisconsin, you’re sure to find the perfect vehicle for you or your student. The countdown is on, and soon your student will be in need of their own set of wheels. Search FindCars.com today for the perfect high school or college vehicle!