It doesn’t matter if you’re a first-time car buyer or have been down this road many times – you should always have mileage guidelines to help you when buying a car online! If you’re looking for a new or used car in La Crosse, WI, search FindCars.com. We make finding and researching new and used cars for sale easy! With hundreds of listings from local dealers and private sellers, everything you need to make a smart choice, including mileage, is at your fingertips.
Here’s what you need to know for setting your mileage guidelines to make sure you get the most bang for your buck:
- There’s more to mileage than distance. If you were given a car with 20,000 miles and another with 80,000 miles, you’d think the car with the lower mileage was a better choice. Maybe, but maybe not. There’s more to mileage than distance. How old is the car, and is the mileage appropriate? The average 5-year-old car should have about 60,000 miles, as a typical driver puts on about 12,000 miles per year. Also, ask yourself:
- How many owners has the car had?
- Are most of the miles highway miles or city miles?
- Is it a rental car that has been well maintained?
- Is it a “granny” car that’s older but hasn’t had a lot of time on the road?
Use the history of the car to determine whether the mileage it has is appropriate.
- Condition of car. There’s more to buying a car online than looking at the mileage. Check out the condition of the car. Has it been well taken care of? Has it been in an accident or had body repair? Are there rust spots, scratches, or dents?
- How many miles will you get out of it? Don’t always just look at the odometer. Stop and consider what you’ll get out of the car. Will you be primarily commuting? Is it meant for distance? Will you be driving mostly in the city or on highways? Do you plan on having the car for many years, or is it for your student? Answering these questions will help you determine an appropriate mileage range to look for.
Determining your mileage guidelines will make it easier to find the perfect car for your needs and price range. When buying a car online in La Crosse, WI, search FindCars.com. We have hundreds of listings for cars for sale near you with all the information you need to make a smart purchase.