If you live in LaCrosse, WI, and are in the market for a new vehicle, it can be stressful knowing what to look for, which cars have the best gas mileage, which trucks are more reliable, and which vehicle gives you the most bang for your buck. Whether you’re a recent college grad, are going through your eighth or ninth car, or are still in high school, the search can be overwhelming. But what if it didn’t have to be? By setting up a smart shopping strategy and using FindCars.com to search for a new or used car or truck, you can enjoy the ride!
Following a few simple steps will allow your vehicle search to be smooth and enjoyable and get you the vehicle that you have long been waiting for.
- Set a budget. Often Americans spend too much on a vehicle that simply serves the purpose of getting from point A to point B. Overspending or purchasing a vehicle that is out of your budget is setting you up for failure. Try to keep vehicle expenses such as payments, maintenance, insurance, and fuel around 10 percent of your gross monthly income.
- Do your research. Look extensively into different brands and styles of vehicles and do your research. Which are the most fuel efficient, have the correct size engine for your needs, or are safest on the roads?
- Have a trusted mechanic take a look and go for a test drive. Before you sign those final papers or make the deal, it may be beneficial for you to have a trusted mechanic take a look at the engine and all other systems to be sure there are no hidden issues going on with the vehicle.
- Take some time. Don’t rush into purchasing a vehicle overnight because you’re having problems with your current one. Take some time to thoroughly search and get the vehicle that is best for you and that will last a significant amount of time to meet your needs.
By following these simple tips, your car buying experience will be less stressful (maybe even enjoyable) and will not drain your pocketbook. If you’re in LaCrosse, WI, and need a new, used, or different vehicle, stress no more. Search FindCars.com to see the thousands of new and used vehicles from which to choose listed through private sellers and local dealerships. Car purchasing sites such as FindCars.com have much of the information for research already on their website. Search FindCars.com along with following the few simple tips above and enjoy the ride.
Do you have someone on your Christmas list who has everything? Don’t want to give them an impersonal gift card or something they won’t use? Consider going a step further and purchasing a new or used vehicle this holiday season for your high school or college student, aging parent, or maybe for yourself. Wrap it up with a big red bow and your holiday shopping is done! If you’re in Decorah, IA, there’s no easier way to find a new or used car or truck than by searching on FindCars.com. Give the gift this year that keeps on giving with a new or used vehicle.
Shopping for someone who has everything can be a real challenge. Your in-laws don’t need any additional items for their kitchen or garage, and your college student doesn’t have room for anything in their dorm room. Do your parents really need another pair of slippers or a new flannel shirt? That’s why shopping for a car or truck for them will take the stress off you and make your investment worthwhile!
- Current college student or recent college graduate. Bumming a ride with someone isn’t always fun or convenient, so helping your student by finding a vehicle and making the down payment or, if you choose, buying the car yourself will help them with getting to school, work, and around town.
- Retired or aging parents. Chances are your parents or in-laws have worked hard all their lives and have consistently helped others. Now it’s time to help them. Maybe they’ve fallen on hard times and their current car or truck requires quite a bit of repair. Now is your chance to help them out with a new or used vehicle to get around instead of taking the bus or relying on rides from others.
- Single parent. Know of a single parent who is having a hard time finding reliable transportation? Imagine how much easier things would be if they had their own vehicle available in the event of an emergency. Give them the boost they need with a new or used vehicle.
The holiday season is the best time to give, and giving gifts that’ll never be used is a waste. Helping someone with their transportation needs will be the best gift ever. FindCars.com has thousands of new and used vehicles from which to choose listed through private sellers and local dealerships. FindCars.com already has all of the information you need, making researching different cars, trucks, RVs, and other vehicles easy. Use FindCars.com to search for that perfect gift for someone who has everything in Decorah, IA. Give the gift this year that keeps on giving with a new or used vehicle.
Ever find yourself backing out of your garage, only to see a puddle of greenish liquid on the concrete? Does your vehicle ever overheat? These are signs of a leaking or faulty radiator and require immediate attention. However, don’t let a bad radiator in Mason City, IA, get you down. Search for a new or used vehicle on FindCars.com.
A radiator is a primary element in keeping your vehicle cool and avoiding overheating. As liquid coolant circulates through your vehicle’s engine, it keeps your vehicle from overheating and helps it to run smoothly.
Signs your radiator is failing are:
- Overheating. If your vehicle’s radiator isn’t operating correctly, your car will become hot and will overheat. Check with your trusted mechanic to diagnose and correct the problem, as overheating could also be a faulty thermostat or radiator cap.
- Leaking coolant. When you back out of your garage and notice a greenish liquid, your radiator may be leaking coolant, which, in turn, causes overheating because there isn’t enough liquid circulating through the engine system. Have your mechanic perform a pressure check to determine the exact cause of the leak.
- Radiator sludge. Typically, radiator coolant has the consistency of water and is green or yellow in color. If your radiator isn’t functioning correctly, debris may taint the coolant making it a sludge-like consistency. This will inhibit cooling because it isn’t circulating through the cooling system. If this is the case, the radiator typically needs to be replaced.
If you have noticed any of the above symptoms with your vehicle, it may be time to contact your trusted mechanic or purchase a new or used car. Often if the entire radiator is faulty, the cost to repair it is rather steep. If this is the case, you may want to consider searching for a new or used vehicle. FindCars.com has thousands of listings for new and used vehicles, whether you’re looking for a car, truck, or SUV. These new and used vehicles are listed by private sellers and local dealerships. FindCars.com has all of the important information included with each listing, so searching to find a new or used vehicle in Mason City, IA, is easy. Don’t let a bad radiator get you down, search FindCars.com for all your vehicle needs.
Fall is here, and the time has come to begin prepping your car for the winter season. With drastic drops in temperature, icy and slick road conditions, and the need for a reliable vehicle during the sometimes-rough winter months in St. Paul, MN, a few quick tips and a search through FindCars.com is what you’ll need to be certain you’re prepared.
Spotting problems early is a key factor in deciding whether your vehicle can be fixed or maintained or whether you need to purchase a newer vehicle.
- Tires: Inspect your tires. In the Upper Midwest, tires are important for traction on the slippery streets and roads. Check to be sure they are properly inflated and that the tire tread is appropriate to give you traction.
- Battery: Checking your battery before the weather gets cold and frigid is a wise idea. By doing this, you won’t be left with a dead battery before or after work, when out shopping, or making longer commutes throughout the winter months.
- Wiper blades: Do your wiper blades leave streaks across your windshield or jump across instead of gliding smoothly? Check for cracks, broken parts, or missing pieces of rubber on your wiper blades so your visibility is clean and clear through the windshield.
- Body: Is the body of your car showing its age? Is the sand and salt from last winter eating through the metal? If this is the case, think safety and consider a trip to your body shop or mechanic or consider a new or used car that is safe and reliable.
- Fluids: Check the fluids in your vehicle regularly and be certain to check the radiator for any leaks or cracks. Fill your radiator with the appropriate amount of anti-freeze to keep your vehicle from freezing up during the frigid temperatures.
- Pack an emergency kit: It doesn’t matter what season you are experiencing in the Upper Midwest, be certain to pack an emergency kit, especially in the winter. Keep a container in your trunk with candles, matches, water, food, blankets, a flashlight, batteries, booster cables, and a shovel.
If you’re in the St. Paul area and want to be prepared this winter, follow a few simple and quick tips to get your vehicle in tip-top shape from front to back. If your vehicle is older and requires a bit of work, consider purchasing a new or used car or truck that won’t nickel and dime you and your pocketbook. At FindCars.com, there are thousands of new and used vehicles listed through private sellers and local dealerships in the Minnesota, Iowa, and Wisconsin areas from which to choose. Midwest winters can be tough, so prep your vehicle or consider purchasing a new or used vehicle and hold on tight for the ride ahead.
Shopping for a new or used vehicle in today’s world can be ridiculously easy or incredibly hard, depending on how you wish to look at it. For instance, before the world of the internet, car buyers had to do their research the hard way by reading hundreds of ads in newspapers and car buyer magazines, and then driving to numerous dealerships or countless private sellers. In today’s world, websites such as FindCars.com have much of the information for your research completed, making it far easier for you.
Tips for searching for a vehicle in today’s world:
- Instead of spending an entire day hopping from dealership to dealership, you can stay at home, do your research online, and then visit dealerships to do a test drive.
- Pay attention to details and consider a used car or truck or one that has been leased in the past. When individuals lease a vehicle, it comes at a cost. Therefore, when you’re searching for a slightly used car, consider a vehicle that’s been leased and has just been turned in because the lease is up. You may just get the model and year you’re looking for at a portion of the cost of new.
- Focus on brands other than those that have had a quality reputation for decades. Years ago, it used to be that only Chevrolet and Ford, for example, were the models with the quality reputation. In today’s world, car surveys are available to give you information on the good, the bad, and the ugly of all brands, makes, and models.
- Start shopping for a new or used car before your current one goes kaput. In years past, perhaps for financial reasons, individuals would wait to search for a new vehicle when their current one was no longer drivable or running. It’s best to begin the search early, allowing you time to do your research, not feel pressured, and start putting money aside for a down payment, if necessary.
- Know your options and what you’re willing to pay. Don’t expect, in today’s world, to bicker and get your way. Be straightforward with the seller about how much you’re willing to spend and what exactly you’re looking for.
- Remember to set a budget and stick to that budget. This factor hasn’t changed much over the years. We all have a budget we need to follow, so don’t overspend when you purchase a new or used vehicle. Be sure to include everything when estimating your payment and monthly expenses such as gas, insurance, and repairs.
- While Dave Ramsey says “Cash is king,” often times financing through a dealership is just as good, or better, as emptying your savings or financing through a local bank or credit union. Look at all financing options and do extensive research as to what works best for you.
If you’re in the Eau Claire, WI, area and looking for a new or used vehicle, know the rules of vehicle shopping in today’s world. At FindCars.com there are thousands of new and used vehicles from which to choose listed through private sellers and local dealerships. FindCars.com has performed the research you need, so searching for a new or used vehicle is much easier than it used to be. Search FindCars.com for all your vehicle needs!
You know that the weather in the Midwest can change quickly, so before you sing “Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow,” make sure you’re prepared with snow removal equipment such as a truck and snowplow. When the snow flies in Mankato, MN and you’re preparing for the upcoming winter weather, search FindCars.com for your plow truck and snowplow.
Winter weather consisting of snow, ice, frigid temperatures, high winds, and blizzard-like conditions is certain to find its way to the Midwest. That’s why it’s important to be prepared. Follow a few simple steps in locating a new or used truck equipped with a snowplow so you aren’t left snowed in.
- Look for a truck or vehicle that’s durable enough to carry the load or weight of a plow.
- The engine must be reliable and powerful with a no-fail transmission.
- Focus on purchasing a four-wheel drive no smaller than ¾-ton class.
- When it comes to searching for a plow, typically new is best, as a used plow may have quite a bit of wear and tear. However, if you do your research, there are plenty of used plows in top-notch condition that will serve you well.
- Straight blade snowplows are still quite popular and certainly get the job done. The V-plow has the ability to direct and angle snow to stack, rather than pushing and making your snow pile wider instead of taller.
- Take a step back and consider what type of plowing you will be doing. Will you simply be using it for a few minutes or an hour to clean your own property, or will you work it like a mule for several hours or days on end? This will help you determine the quality and type of plow to purchase. Work within your budget and figure out how much truck and plow you can afford.
- Be certain to check the attachment system of the plow as well as blade materials. Do you think poly, stainless steel, or mild steel will work the best for your needs? Research the different types before making your final decision.
In Mankato, MN, we know how tough winters can be. That’s why preparing yourself to be able to move the snow in the easiest, quickest, and safest way is important. Whether you’re needing a snow plow and truck to clean your own driveway or to get out there and make some extra money, be certain to look at the many different options available to you. Search FindCars.com for a truck and snowplow that will have you singing, “Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.”
Believe it or not, winter is just a few months away. Although many look forward to winter, others may have a lot of preparation to do before the snow and wicked winds arrive. If you’re in Decorah, IA, and enjoying cruising the streets and open roads in a convertible with the wind blowing through your hair, it may be time to consider a more practical vehicle for the upcoming winter months in the Upper Midwest. FindCars.com can help you find the perfect vehicle to get you through the winter months so you can be that winter warrior.
Whether you live in the country or in the downtown area, winter snow affects everyone. Consider the following when choosing a practical and safe vehicle for winter:
Four-wheel drive, front wheel drive, or all-wheel drive. Do you have hills or a distance to travel each day to work? A practical vehicle with four-wheel, all-wheel, or front wheel drive may benefit you when the roads are slippery or there’s copious amounts of snow.
- Good tires with good traction. It’s usually best to equip your vehicle with snow tires that have plenty of tread and traction. Winter in the Upper Midwest is not the best time to purchase cheap tires or use those that are worn and nearly bald.
- Reliable and safe. When those wicked winds blow and it’s necessary to travel during severe weather conditions such as a blizzard, you need a vehicle that’s reliable, dependable, and safe. Have your mechanic winterize your vehicle so you’re prepared when those wintery days hit.
- Let’s face it, a low-riding convertible probably isn’t the best choice to use for travel in the winter months. Find a vehicle with practicality that won’t leave you stranded, can make it through several inches of snow, and keep you warm while traveling. Perhaps an SUV, truck, crossover SUV, or something built to help your make your wintery drive without a hitch.
If you’re in Decorah, IA, and considering a vehicle to help you become a winter warrior in the Upper Midwest, remember that the beautiful fall days where the wind can blow through your hair while cruising in your sporty convertible are numbered. Consider a more practical vehicle for the winter months by searching FindCars.com. At FindCars.com there are thousands of new and used vehicles listed through private sellers and local dealerships to search so you can easily find the perfect one to fit your needs before winter arrives.
Winter comes on us quickly, but searching FindCars.com can help you be that winter warrior in a vehicle equipped to provide you with a practical, reliable, economical, and safe ride. After all, spring will roll back around—it just takes time!
If you’re driving along and enjoying the ride and suddenly notice a delay in the movement of your vehicle, odd sounds, or warning lights, it very well could be that your transmission is having problems. As you may know, the transmission of your vehicle is quite sophisticated and plays an integral part in the power of your vehicle.
Regular service and maintenance of your vehicle are both a necessity in keeping it running smoothly and efficiently. No one wants to experience a breakdown on a busy highway, country road, or fast-paced interstate. That’s why it’s important to know what to look for in your current vehicle as well as in a new or used vehicle you may be purchasing to be certain the transmission is in good working order.
- Fluid leaks: One of the easiest ways to determine if your transmission needs a little attention is if you notice leaking of fluid. This can turn into a very expensive problem and leave you stranded amid rush hour, on a busy interstate, or in a rural area.
- Odd smells: If you happen to smell a burning odor, it may be that your transmission fluid needs a change. Act quickly if you notice a burning smell and have your vehicle checked by an expert.
- Weird sounds: Sounds such as grinding with a manual transmission or a buzzing or humming sound with an automatic transmission are all signs that your transmission may be malfunctioning. Don’t hesitate to have a professional check things out.
- Delay in response or movement: If you notice that your vehicle has a delay or hesitation when shifting gears, it’s a sign that things are not operating properly. Typically, your vehicle should shift easily and move without hesitation if the transmission is working properly.
If you’re in the Minneapolis, MN, area and the time has come for you to consider a different vehicle because of transmission issues, search FindCars.com where there are thousands of new and used vehicles listed through private sellers and local dealerships. You’re sure to find a vehicle to fit your needs. If you fit the above criteria of the top signs of transmission problems, check out FindCars.com to search for a local for sale new or used vehicle!
If your vehicle is nearing the end of its life or you have decided it’s time for an upgrade, the big question is whether you should purchase new or buy a used vehicle. If you’re in the St. Paul, MN, area and are pondering these questions, use FindCars.com to search for a wide variety of vehicles both new and used.
Typically, when purchasing a vehicle, there’s no one-size-fits-all option. Do you have a family? Want a bigger or smaller car? Are you upgrading or downsizing? Which gets the best gas mileage or is the safest? What kind of payments do you want?
Think of these questions when making that big decision to purchase new or buy used:
- Do you have good credit, a down payment, or a means to finance the vehicle? Don’t stretch yourself too thin and get too much payment for the amount of vehicle. You’ll regret it in the end.
- Are you ready to take the depreciation hit when you drive a new vehicle off the lot or would you rather have someone else do the honors? One of the biggest expenses of a new vehicle is the cost of depreciation once you drive it off the lot, so think about this option when purchasing new.
- Can you afford to maintain a used car? It’s no secret that an older or used car has already seen some wear and tear and probably has some miles on it. It’s important to evaluate the cost of potential repairs vs. a monthly car payment.
If you’re in St. Paul, MN, and the time has come for you to look into a different vehicle, ask yourself these types of questions and decide which option is best for you. At FindCars.com, there are thousands of new and used vehicles listed by private sellers and local dealerships to search and find the perfect one to fit your needs. It’s not always easy to decide on whether a new or used vehicle is best for you, but searching FindCars.com sure can help.
It’s hard to believe that summer is half over! That means students will soon be starting college and off to spread their wings and fly. Most teens would agree that it would be much easier to “fly” if they had some wheels of their own during their college days. In the Minneapolis, Minnesota area, search FindCars.com to find a great vehicle for your college student to help them pursue their dreams.
Owning a car as a college student (or as a parent of a college student) has many benefits:
- Gives your child freedom and responsibility to transport themselves to school, work, or other events
- As a parent it frees up your time so you don’t have to taxi them to and from events or home on weekends
- Teaches your college student how to manage finances and learn about upkeep and maintenance of their own vehicle
The benefits of owning a car isn’t the only thing you or your student should consider. You must also look at other important factors when purchasing a car, such as:
- It wouldn’t be wise to send your student off to college with a vehicle that breaks down and drains any savings they may have. Look for a vehicle that’s reliable and won’t leave anyone sitting on the roadside with no way to get to class or work
- Don’t invest in a super-small vehicle. Instead, invest in something that has a little extra body and durability in the event of an accident or fender-bender
- A good used car will be beneficial in keeping car payments to a minimum and insurance premiums at a more affordable rate
If the time has come for you to begin the search for a vehicle for your college student in the Minneapolis, MN area, search FindCars.com. FindCars.com has thousands of new and used vehicles listed through private sellers and local dealerships throughout Minnesota, Iowa, and Wisconsin. Look for safety, reliability, and durability, and find the vehicle that’s perfect for your situation. Give your teen their own set of wheels in the Minneapolis, MN area so they can spread their wings and fly off to college.